First name: Annie
Vegetarian type(vegan or veggie): vegan
1. What influenced you to become vegetarian?
Helping my husband do a research paper for school. It was a topic that
was given to him, we were not vegetarian at the time. We found out about
health hazards of meat and conditions of farmed animals and the erosions
of the land due to it. We decided for our family's health we should
2. How long have you been a vegetarian?
3. Is it hard to be a vegetarian?
Not at all. We find that most restaurants are very accommodating and
the choices of food at home are limitless. Before becoming vegetarian,
it seemed like every meal was centered around chicken, beef, or fish.
That gets boring
4. What books or who gave you the inspiration of being a vegetarian?
During the course of research I read "Mad Cowboy" by Howard
Lyman. That set me in the right direction.
5. Which quotes that inspired you to become a vegetarian?
It is a man's sympathy with all creatures that first makes him truly
a man.~ Albert Schweitzer
6. How do you get your protein everyday?
From beans, nuts, legumes, and multivitamin supplements
7. Give a general meal plan of what you eat each day:
-Breakfast..........mixed fruit smoothie, granola cereal, coffee with
-Lunch...... baked potato, salad, piece of fruit, sparkling water
-Dinner.... Vegetable lasagna, garlic bread, apple pie, soymilk
-Snacks.....chips, pretzels, baked tofu sticks, nuts, raw veggies
8. Why should other people become vegetarians?
If for no other reason... your health. Meat slowly destroys your colon
and it is linked to so many cancers
9. When you go to non-vegetarian restaurants, do you
find any difficulty ordering appropriate meals? If so, what do you do?
[Only one time was there "nothing" on the menu as a Meal....I
just ordered a bunch of "side dishes" and ended up with a
very nice vegetable platter.
10. Do you think you are on a well balanced diet? If
not, please explain why.
I know I am, my doctor agrees.
11. What are the pros and cons of being vegetarian?
a PRO would be... not worrying about getting diseases transmitted through
eating animal and a CON would be... not being able to go in to any store
and find what you need without reading every label.
12. Any comment?
Give it a try for one month. That's how we started. we just never went
back when we found out how good it made us feel, and how good it was
for us! Try it.